Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Q3 progress

Yay!  It's done.  Done and done.  This has made it's home in our TV room, on the back of the couch.  It looks so cute there. 


I can't remember the designer of the back print, but I'm thinking it's Michael Miller.  Anyway-I picked it because of all the colors and it needed to be colorful because the front is very colorful. :)
I did a simple solid hot pink binding because the front is so busy, obviously, and the back is too.

'The Neighborhood'

This was a fun quilt to make, altho I don't think I will do another one.  I realized, after someone had pointed out in the class, that all my houses were on the left side...so I had to force myself to put some on the right, but as you can see, I only managed two of them to be on the right! Then when I finished, I realized none of them were centered. HAHA!  I think I have a little too much structure and OCD issues.  I had a really hard time letting go and not lining things up on this.  It's supposed to be fun, right?  I do love the ric-rac embellishments tho.  Those are my favorite...oh and as I mentioned before, the little deer. She's so sweet. ♥

Gratuitous Binding Shot :)

So, here is ONE finish for Q3.  See my original post on my Q3 entries.  I am not sure if I'll get the others finished...I certainly hope so!  It's been busy and I have so many projects I want to start!!  AGH!  ;)

What are you all working on?

 

6 comments:

  1. It's really cute! I always think when I finish a quilt that I never want to do another one like that again. But then that's what's so addicting about quilting - you can do something completely different tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable1 I love it! great great finish.
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little houses. The multicolored trees are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooohhhhh - the kite and the owl and the hula hooping!!! The details are amazing, this is so so cute. I hear ya on the 'having to keep things lined up', I have this issue in my own work too. I have to press myself to go out of my comfort zone too. You have a wonderful quilt here, enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really adorable! I love that each time you look at it, you see something different! Awesome!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!