Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend Sewing & Farmers Market


 I'm pretty confident that my very LEAST favorite part of sewing, is basting the quilt together.  Yah, I hate it.  Oh, and in case you are wondering, blue painters tape does NOT work to hold the bottom down.  Nope.  It's pointless.  And then it's equally awesome when you go grab some different tape, and you pull out the last piece of it. Oh well.  After much grunting and cussing, I did manage to quilt together two quilts.  The twister quilt has it's binding on, all ready for binding.  The plan is to take the two quilts to Sewing circle this week, in between running the kids to swimming lessons then going back, I didn't want to haul around my sewing machine.  Binding is good work for that kind of a day. :)  Binding is my most favorite part.  I remember the days when it was my most hated part of quilting and I did it SO incredibly wrong.  I have some blankets made with the binding SO wrong...but you can't see them.  Sorry. ;)

It's hot here.  Good think my sewing room is in the basement where it's nice and cool. A grouchy sweaty sewing Robot Mom does not make for a good combination. :)


 This weekend we went to Gardner Village.  They are having a Farmers Market every Saturday through October.  We went for the pony rides.  We love us some pony rides. This little pony was Rascal Flatts. :)  He was so cute and sweet.
And because we love us some bunnies, here you go. :) This guy was my favorite. He was a HUGE lop and his feet were ginormous.  It was so funny to see him hop along.

Have a good week!

4 comments:

  1. The twisters look great! I really need to use my twister template more, and definitely feel that way after seeing how awesome yours looks! :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!