Thursday, May 31, 2012

Curves are hard

I made this with my Crazy Curves template that you can get HERE.  I got the 7" size.  They make a pretty big block.

I did this quilt top in Outfoxed by Lizzy House.  It's SO cute, with little hedgehogs (LOVE!) and little foxes (Love MORE!).  This is going to be for Eldest Robot Child.  She's pretty excited.  I just need to figure out what I am going to do for the binding, sashing and back.  As you can see, the blocks are pretty busy, so I don't want the rest to be overwhelming.  Robot Husband says this quilt is CRAZY.  Guess he's right, since it's made with Crazy Curves.  Der.  ;)

Some things I have learned about sewing curves:
One must be patient with oneself.
One must follow the directions (which there are several out there) and find which one works for you.
Keep practicing.  I am also now making a Retro Flowers quilt...I guess I am a glutton for punishment. HAHA.  The Retro Flowers are SO pretty.  Oh goodness.  I have all my fabric picked out in aquas and oranges.  I'm excited.

Seriously tho, I've watched SEVERAL You-Tubes on how to sew circles.  I've tried pinning the crap out of the fabric, not pinning, and just going slow - Oh, and a lot of unpicking my pleats.  Stupid Pleats!  I'm a little in-between on my circle-style.  I like to put a few pins in, sew slow and steady and hold the top fabric up.
I'll work on getting some pictures taken so you know WTH I am talking about. 
Phewsh.   I can't wait to show you my progress.
Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Where would I find the pattern and the tutorial to make the retro flowers? Love the flowers! I have a foot for my sewing machine to use on curves and a special small tweeser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cecelia!
      If you click on the link in my post highlighted Retro Flowers Quilt, it will take you to the pattern. There is NO tutorial for it. The pattern is pretty in depth, but I have found a curves tutorial on Flickr that helps a lot with making these, albeit they are still frustrating! LOL.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/2ndavestudio/sets/72157629210542917/
      Hope that helps!

      Delete

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!