Monday, March 5, 2012

Quilts of Valor

If you haven't heard of the Quilts of Valor, check it out here: http://www.qovf.org/index.html
You can make a patriotic quilt and it will be donated to a quilt veteran.  It's a great cause for sure.  I had the chance of listening to a lady from Utah speak on the subject.  She volunteers her Long Arm and her time to put together quilts for donation.

I've started making Wonky Stars to put together a quilt top.  So far so good.  I've wanted to do Wonky Stars for ages and I got an awesome book that I am loving and it gives a great tutorial on Wonky Stars.
Sew to Swap: Quilting Projects to Exchange Online and by Mail
I got mine through Amazon, which can I just say, Amazon is amazing.  2 day shipping?  Seriously?  How do they do it?  It's awesome.


Sigh - I can't get this picture to rotate correctly, but anyway - you get the idea.  I have a total of 8 so far. :)  All of the stars are done using patriotic colors, prints.  They turn out really cute.

Happy Monday!
Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!