Friday, March 16, 2012

Citrus Sunrise Quilt - In Progress

I ordered this stash of beauties from Pink Castle Fabrics.  I thought the colors were SO nice and warm and instantly reminded me of summer days soon to be.  I put the fabrics all together and Robot Husband said it was 'too busy'.   Once I put a border on it though, he said it looked better.  I think it's gorgeous.  It's a baby quilt size. 

I have been terrified of free motion quilting.  I made it a goal though to learn it and conquer my fear.  I decided to with this quilt.  I had practiced in the past, only to end up throwing a big fit and throwing my practice fabric under the table and running away hiding.  Apparently I forgot all this and just dived right in on this quilt.  First I attempted loopy lines.  They were fine, but I didn't love it with this quilt.  So, I unpicked 2 rows the entire length of the quilt.  Needless to say, I am a pro at unpicking.  ;)  Then I decided to do some stippling.  OMG!  It turned out!  Woohoo!  You have no idea how happy I am that together, me and my sewing machine conquered our worst fear!

Stippling

Here's the front.  Pardon my iPhone pictures...my memory card on my camera is full and I have yet to take my 4,000 pictures to be developed. ;)


I'm hoping to get this finished this weekend.  I'll post more pictures when it's complete!  :)
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!