Monday, June 2, 2014

School's out and Summer is IN!

I've been a busy mama bee to get end of school year stuff done.  I made these notebooks for the kids teachers.  I did a cheesy theme of 'bees' because this fabric was too cute.  I didn't get pictures of the notes we made, but it said:
'You are the bee's knees!  Thanks for keeping us buzzing with knowledge!'
See, cheesy right??  But still cute I think. ;)  Robot Child #1 said it was lame. Hahaha!  Oh kids....

Updated to add:
I forgot to add the tutorial I have been using for these notebook covers!  I feel so bad!! I'm happy to give credit to those whom I use their ideas and tutorials!!  Egads...I am just forgetful.
I used this tutorial from Riley Blake.  It is super easy.  Go make one!  You'll see. ;)

We have a tradition in my house for the end of school year.  I get a bunch of little things for the girls to keep them occupied during's the Summer Activity  Basket!  Now, I realize the items stuffed in these baskets are only going to keep them occupied for a short amount of time...but the girls did really well in school and they deserve a little bit of fun.

Robot Child #1 loves Paris, even tho she's never been, but as a little(r) one she loved reading Fancy Nancy, so I think that's where this comes from. ;)  SO, when I saw this Paris fabric, I had to use it of course!  I've now made 7 of these baskets....they are super addicting.

She also wanted a notebook cover since I made my first one a while back, so I made her one to match, with a little Paris heart detail. ;)

Sorry for the Instagram pictures - I was in a hurry to get it all done before school got out and of course, my camera battery died.  GRRR.
Are you on IG?  Find me and lets be friends!  I am:  @robotmomsews

Here they are all filled up with goodies and stuff to do.  Paper dolls, activity books, drawing pads, colored pencils, watercolor pencils, bubbles.....oh my.  I hope this stuff lasts a while. ;)

Robot Child #2 loves Piggies.  Piggies are her favorite thing in the world.  Piggies make her smile and that makes me smile. :)

To say they were happy and ecstatic is an understatement!!  They loved their baskets and goodies. :)  They have played happily and content...and now I have spent hours cutting out paper dolls. What was I thinking?

To leave you, here is a pug picture.  :)  We got a bike trailer, well Robot Child #2 calls it her 'carriage'. She's a little bit of a princess if you haven't guessed.  So we put Mimi in there to go on a bike ride with us.
Don't let Mimi's face-of-sheer-terror fool you.  She loved it...well mostly. ;)

Linking up to:
Quilt Story
I Have to Say
Sew Cute Tuesday


  1. Lucky've given me an idea. My daughter also loves Paris even though she's never been, it was after 'Monster in Paris'! Mimi is just too cute :)

  2. Love, love, love your notebook covers.

  3. I love your summer activity basket idea. My daughter is too old now, but I will share I your idea with my friends!

  4. Love those baskets! They are fabulous.

  5. Are these baskets from the Noodlehead pattern? So cute!

  6. super cute! plus, a little cheese never hurt anybody!!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

  7. The covered journals are great gifts for the teachers. And I like the idea of a basket of activities to keep the kiddlies occupied. Have fun!

  8. Love the baskets, what a great idea filling it with activities.

  9. Where do you find the pattern for the basket?

  10. Hi Taiqi - you are a no reply blogger so I can't email you back. But the pattern is here:


I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!