Monday, August 13, 2012

Cancer is so limited...

My best friend's Dad was recently diagnosed with cancer and I knew right away that I wanted to make him a quilt.  I talked to her about it and she mentioned she saw this wonderful saying at the hospital about how cancer is so limited, it cannot destroy families, it can't take away love, our dreams etc.  She wanted to cross-stitch it and we decided what a great idea to incorporate it into his quilt.  She copied the saying and cross-stitched it and I got started on the quilt.

I wanted this quilt to be so perfect, I gave myself stress over it.  I kept running into problems, my machine was not cooperating, I ran out of thread, then I bought the wrong color thread!  It was one thing after the other and I kept thinking, I've never had this many issues on any other quilts.
I wanted it to be comforting to their family and this quilt means so much more than my other quilts. 
It's not perfect.  There are mistakes everywhere.  But this quilt needed to get to him and I just hope that this quilt can bring comfort to him and their family, regardless of it's imperfections.
We've all known someone or a loved one that has been stricken with cancer.  I love this saying and I'm glad my BF found it - it can remind us all that cancer is so invasive and can take away so much, but it can't take away everything from us.

1 comment:

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!