Monday, June 3, 2013

May Finishes!

Little Red
 

Little Red is done!!!   At first I wasn't all that happy with how this quilt was turning out.  But once I got it all quilted, I love it.  I love the colors, the sweet fabric, all of it.

 This tree block is my favorite.
I did straight line quilting, cross hatching it.

 And the back is as lovely as the front, I think.  :)
I ♥ panels!


Suck it, Cancer

My Suck it, Cancer quilt is part of my Q2 finishes!  I have them all done, I will do a separate post on that later.

 I FMQ'd flowers in the corners to break up the white space on the side of the 'What Cancer Cannot do' panel.  I was really at a loss on how to quilt this.  I didn't want to take away from the message of this quilt, so I did straight lines across each row, then did FMQ flowers on the border only.  I don't know if I achieved my goal, hopefully I did! 






Gratuitous binding shots. You know they are my favorite. :)

 


Quilts Beyond Borders donation
 
 I found this cute apple soft flannel backing on sale.  It doesn't match TERRIBLY well, however it is soft and I really liked it and I thought it would be fun too.


Quilts Beyond Borders donation #2

 This quilt I had already made and it was just waiting for the perfect opportunity to be donated.  I like the backing fabric the best.  I called this quilt 'Post Script' originally because of that material.

 The tag on this one turned out better than the first one...oh well - you learn along the way and that's what I love best about quilting.  All the many things I pick up along the way. ;)


Sorry for the crappy pictures of these in my craptastic yard - I was in a hurry to snap up pictures of these quilts on my way to mail them off so they would make it in time to be donated!  If you've never heard of Quilts Beyond Borders, check out their website and prepare to be amazed and in awe of what these awesome ladies do. If you can donate a quilt or two, do it!! 

Yay for finishes!  I have several other projects coming up and waiting on my table.  I can't wait to share those with you! 

Also, I am super excited to be participating in the 2013 Blogger Blog Hop hosted by Plum and June!
Stay tuned for my post coming up!

Linking up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!